Here is the updated list of planned features.
Hero model, weaponry and spells
Mind, Body and Spirit.
Minya’s ship has crash landed into a seemingly deserted planet. But the planet holds mysteries and also hostile creatures. Our hero is only equipped with basic weaponry, a knife and a plate of steel. With no hopes in repairing the ship, our hero has to find a shelter in this new and hostile world.
I have realized that first I have to build a map system. I have to decide what information that map holds about the monsters and battles. And what is random.
- HTML5 keyboard shortcuts for movement (anything else?)
- Different kind of monsters. Tough armor monster. Fast light monster. Suicidal monster. Stupid monster.
- Ranged monster. Requires ranged AI.
- [ SPELLS DONE, SELECTING TARGET REQUIRES UI WORK ] Hero can use spells. Healing spell already done and tested. Have to decide how the spells work. Do they use both mana and action points?
- Ranged attacking Line of Sight. Bresenham’s algorithm… Super cover?
- Critical hits and Luck.
- Hitpoints and mana comes from the Hero level? Or should we solely focus on Skill points like Stamina and Magic?
- Selecting items for hero, before battle or anywhere? main hand & off hand, special item like a special spell or move.
- [NEEDS HERO ATTRIBUTE MODEL] Show Hero attributes in UI like attack power etc.
- Melee and Ranged attacks have own skill levels which raise when used.
- Spells have their own skill level system.
- GRID RELOADING. Not to reload whole page. Just the grid.
- Animate monster turn movement on screen.
- Weaponry: Mines (bear traps etc)
- Graphics, have to decide what format to use.